Ice Skating at Winter Glow 2021
Find the warm Christmas cheer in 2021 at the Winter Glow Ice Rink!
Winter Glow 2021 at the Three Counties Showground is set to be a fantastic celebration of merriment. Come along to our beautifully decorated all-weather, covered ice rink and glide past giant Christmas trees and festive decor.
We’ll have festive music playing each night but to enhance the Christmassy atmosphere, on selected evenings we’ll also have live music by the rink to put you in the warmest of holiday moods.
Our incredible musical acts will be performing Christmas tunes with a twist on select days across the Winter Glow experience:
● From the Jazz world you’ll hear music from The Kim Cypher Quartet. Kim’s style of performance is best described as ‘funky saxophonist meets 1940’s jazz singer’.
Kim performs an eclectic mix of music spanning many genres, but for us the quartet will be performing Christmas classics with a quirky, jazzy twist on the 3rd, 17th, 23, 24th December.
● For Christmas Country style there’s Paris Georgia, performing on the 10, 11th & 18th December. Paris is a singer from the West Midlands and as well as her solo work, has performed as part of pop-country female trio, The Adelaides @theadelaidesuk. Her single ‘Stranger to you’ reached number 2 in the iTunes Charts and she’s been featured on BBC Introducing. She’s performed at some amazing venues including Wembley Arena and the iconic Bluebird Cafe in Nashville, and last year Paris and the other Adelaides ladies, supported Kiefer Sutherland on his tour.
● Warming Bublé-esque dulcet tones from David Walter on the 4th, 20th, 21st December. David has always had a passion for music, starting to learn the piano aged 5 and the guitar aged 12. He fronted local rock bands whilst at school at university, writing and performing original material and even early on dabbling with basic recordings on a laptop. He has also performed in a function band. David continues to develop his musicality through his own songwriting, under the alias of Wildersonne but for Winter Glow will be performing sing a long festive songs for skaters to glide along to.
● Christmas Classics from The Mark Walby Band. Originating from Gloucestershire, Mark has firmly established his reputation as one of the industries finest and most versatile entertainers. He’ll be performing your favourite Christmas songs with percussionist Lee Dix on the 19th & 22nd December.
All Live acts will perform for 30 mins every quarter past the hour from 5pm-9pm
The huge 30m x 15m ice rink is enveloped in Christmas joy. Warm up and unwind at the Ice Café with a warm drink and a selection of snacks. Once you’re done skating your ticket will also grant entry to the Festive Food Quarter filled with our fantastic food traders including Woozy Pig and Seitans Grill.
Warm, cosy clothing is recommended for ice skaters, with quick drying options preferable for those taking part.
Dates and Times
Ice Rink Open: Friday 12th Nov 2021 – 9th Jan 2022 between 10am – 9pm
Ice Rink Closed: Christmas Day
Ticket Prices and Exclusive Hire
● Tickets are between £7 and £14 depending on date and time of the session.
● Each skate session lasts 45 minutes but we recommend allowing 1.5 hours to allow for skate hire and getting ready
● There’s limited space for exciting special events such as Princess Parties, Live Music and DJs
Pre-book for Children’s Skate Aids
Alt text- Let your children skate calmly and confidently with the fun beluga whale skate aids
Our beluga whale skate aids are available to pre-book alongside your tickets. The skate aids provide necessary support on the ice rink which help develop skill and confidence in children whilst also offering a fun backseat ride between skating parents and children. Pre-booking is essential to avoid disappointment.
The whole ice rink is available for exclusive private hire. Ideal for school groups, larger scale private events, or work Christmas parties. Spaces are limited to days without existing bookings so early booking is crucial. To enquire or book get in touch here.
Travel to the Ice Rink
Situated right at the heart of the three counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, families can easily travel to the Three Counties Showground in Malvern via car, train and taxi.
● Car: Follow the brown signs from all main routes which lead to the free, fully lit car park
● Train: Nearest train station is Great Malvern, from there it’s only an 8 minute taxi ride
Our fully-lit car park is free for all visitors and disabled car parking spaces are available. Manual wheelchairs can be accommodated on the ice. Unfortunately, motorised wheelchairs are currently not permitted on the ice.
Sensory-friendly sessions are available for skaters who prefer a more peaceful experience and offer: quieter music; softer lighting and no strobe lights.
Sensory-Friendly Sessions: 2nd, 8th, 13th, 14th, 28th December 2021 and at 11am on 3rd January 2022.
Get sky-high views from the top of the Observation Wheel
As well as the winter wonderland festivities and while you’re ice skating in Malvern, why not try some of the other fantastic attractions at Winter Glow?
Discover the illuminated light trail full of Christmas light walks, featuring light tunnels, giant flowers, a lake with dancing water fountains and a warming fire garden. And the Giant Observation Wheel offers incredible birds-eye views over Malvern skyline via the new Festival Food Quarter.
As well as the light trail walk and observation wheel you can also meet Santa. Personalised experiences are available to meet the big man himself. An ideal multi attraction location for guests arriving from Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Hereford, Gloucester and all other locations in Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and further afield.