Christmas elves and grotto assistants
The North Pole elves’s work load is quickly starting to pile up, and with Christmas getting closer by the day, Santa Claus has decided to take on a number of new mischievous elves to assist him in his grotto this Christmas at Winter Glow.
We’re looking for fun, energetic and hard working Grotto assistants/ Christmas elves who have a friendly and enthusiastic approach (before you stop reading, don’t worry, we won’t make you wear stripy tights!).
Mr and Mrs Claus want to create an amazing and memorable Santa’s grotto experience for children and adults alike. Our Christmas elves will assist in directing groups onto our very own Arctic Express Land Train, that will deliver them to Santa’s workshop. From there, they will meet Santa Claus himself, before then receiving a special Christmas gift and freshly baked cookie from Mrs Claus.
- Working on a rota’d basis between Santa’s Grotto, Santa’s Workshop, The Land Train, to be briefed by the Head Elf each shift you on your schedule each day
- Welcoming all groups to the Santa’s Workshop and Grotto with your fun and mischievous elf personality
- Helping get adults and children aboard/off the land train
- Managing queues (if any)
- Calling groups when Santa is ready according to 30min booking slots
- Help co-ordinate Santa’s very busy schedule and make sure he’s up to date with the latest naughty or nice info for the correct children
- Making sure santa has the correct presents available ready for the relevant children
- Keeping Santa’s grotto secrets secret!
- Posing for photos when requested (with a big smile of course!)
- Prepping the Grotto and Santa’s Workshop and being proactive with keeping it tidy and ensuring a safe environment
- Communicating enthusiastically with both children and adults and answering any questions
- Communicating with Head Elf and the wider team at Winter Glow as required
- Following health and safety information on site
- Ensuring you are never, under any circumstances, left unaccompanied with a minor
Each Christmas elf must have strong communication skills and excellent customer service experience. Being a grotto assistant will also involve checking tickets as well as working both indoors and outdoors. This exciting opportunity will allow you to help make everyones Winter Glow experience a magical one, and there’s nothing better than spreading around a little Christmas joy (and mischief!)
All Christmas elves must:
- Be 18+
- You’ll need to be outgoing and engaging as a considerable amount of interaction and improvisation will be required throughout
- You must be confident liaising with both adults and children
- You’ll want to make the experience magical for everyone
- You must be a team player as you’ll be working with a team of other elves (and Santa himself). The grotto needs everyone working hard to make sure everything runs smoothly
- You must be happy to dress as an elf. We’re not talking stripy tights elves- think more like Santa’s Toy Shop workers (uniform provided by us but you may want to wear thermals underneath) and stay in character whenever you’re in the public eye
- Happy to work long hours and weekends (with appropriate breaks) as per your assigned shift
- Be able to travel to the Three Counties Showground, Malvern.
This role of an elf is so important, I mean, do you really think Santa could travel around the globe in one night without a little help from his friends? The North Pole elves are usually paid in chocolate chip cookies from Mrs Claus’s Kitchen, however this is what we will be offering the successful candidate’s:
- Various shifts available 9.30am- 8.30pm from 4th December-24th December 2021.
- £10/hour (Either paid on receipt of invoice where it is the responsibility of the freelancer/contractor to pay all amounts due in respect of taxes on earnings OR we can add you to Payroll for the duration of the event)
- Seasonal contract from 3rd December- 24th December
- Discounted food and drink available on site
- Free staff parking
How to apply
For further information and to apply for this role, please either send your CV to email@example.com or apply via Indeed
Are you grotto ready?