Job Title: Winter Glow Elves
Location: Santa’s Grotto and Workshop at Three Counties Showground
Hours: Various from 4th December-24th December
We’re looking for fun, energetic and hard working Elves to help Santa and his Head Elf to make the The Grotto at Winter Glow magical in 2021.
Santa and Mrs Claus want to create amazing, memorable Christmassy experiences for children and adults alike. Groups will board the the Arctic Express Land Train to Santa’s workshop, meet Santa himself, receive a present which has been picked especially for them, and everyone will receive a cookie from Mrs Claus.
- Working on a rota’d basis between Santa’s Grotto, Santa’s Workshop, The Land Train, to be briefed by the Head Elf each shift you on your schedule each day
- Welcoming all groups to the Santa’s Workshop and Grotto with your fun and mischievous elf personality
- Helping get adults and children aboard/off the land train
- Calling groups when Santa is ready according to 30min booking slots
- Help co-ordinate Santa’s very busy schedule and make sure he’s up to date with the latest naughty or nice info for the correct children
- Making sure santa has the correct presents available ready for the relevant children
- Keeping Santa’s grotto secrets secret!
- Posing for photos when requested (with a big smile of course!)
- Prepping the Grotto and Santa’s Workshop and being proactive with keeping it tidy and ensuring a safe environment
- Communicating enthusiastically with both children and adults and answering any questions
- Communicating with Head Elf and the wider team at Winter Glow as required
- Following health and safety information on site
- Ensuring you are never, under any circumstances, left unaccompanied with a minor
- You must be 18+
- You’ll need to be outgoing and engaging as a considerable amount of interaction and improvisation will be required throughout
- You must be confident liaising with both adults and children
- You’ll want to make the experience magical for everyone
- You must be a team player as you’ll be working with a team of other elves (and Santa himself). The grotto needs everyone working hard to make sure everything runs smoothly
- You must be happy to dress as an elf (uniform provided by us but you may want to wear thermals underneath) and stay in character whenever you’re in the public eye
- Happy to work long hours and weekends (with appropriate breaks) as per your assigned shift
- Various shifts available 9.30am- 8.30pm from 4th December-24th December 2021.
- £10/hour (Either paid on receipt of invoice where it is the responsibility of the freelancer/contractor to pay all amounts due in respect of taxes on earnings OR we can add you to Payroll for the duration of the event)
- Seasonal contract from 4th December- 24th December (you may be required to attend on 3rd December for a briefing)
- Discounted food and drink available on site
- Free staff parking
How to apply?
Please Click this link to register your interest (you have to enter your email address and then add a verification code to access the form). Once you’re on our approved list of prospective Elves, we will send out availability requests for you to commit to or decline.